Ludwig VORDERWINKLER Sen. 1876-1955
- Born: Aug. 10th, 1876, Losenstein (Austria)
- Died: June 8th, 1955 in Garsten (Austria)
- Father: Markus VORDERWINKLER 1851-1913
- Mother: Elisabeth GROßAUER from Losenstein (Austria)
- on Sept. 15th, 1901 with Maria MAYR
- Josephine MOSENBICHLER born 1898, Losenstein (unmarried child)
- Theodor VORDERWINKLER born Nov. 9th, 1902 in Waidhofen (Austria)
- Ludwig VORDERWINKLER born Apr. 21st, 1904 in Sierning (Austria)
- Maria VORDERWINKLER born Jan. 27th, 1906 in Letten (Sierning - Austria), married MANN
died 8.6.1955 in Garsten (Austria)
(Author's note: my great grandfather: my mother her father his father)
- School in Neuzeug; apprenticeship as blacksmith and punch fitter at the Letten plant, completing the same.
- Like his father Markus, Ludwig also makes an apprenticeship as a blacksmith in the Artmile (old blacksmith shop).
- In 1901 he marries his wife Maria MAYR. With her he moves for a short time to Waidhofen where he finds work and where his son Theodor is born.
- Later he goes to Letten because there is work in the factory. Lives in the Parzerhaus in Letten where Maria ("Aunt Mimi") is born.
- The blacksmith's trade is sometimes a dangerous one; in an accident at work (1906) an iron splinter penetrates his eye and destroys it. From then on he lives with a glass eye.
- Approximately 1910 he is resident in the "Raderhaus" in Letten.
- He changes to salaried employment and was a lot manager at the Letten plant.
- Other residences: Mitterhaus in Letten, "Kanzleihaus" (=office building of the plant) in Letten.
- When the factory is closed in 1920, the family moves to Steyr (Wehrgraben 35). In 1933 he retires and moves with his family to Unterdambach until his death. The house in Unterdambach becomes the center of the family. He falls ill with pulmonary tuberculosis and dies in 1955.
- Only late after his death the house is sold. His wife Maria then moves in with their son Ludwig in Sepp-Stögerstraße in Steyr.
- Born: Aug. 10th, 1976 in Losenstein
- Legitimized Mar. 4th, 1896 on the basis of the 24.??.1877 ???
- Died: June 8th, 1955 in Garsten Stiedlsbach 16, Stb.Nr. 32/55.