- Born: Apr. 21st, 1904 in Sierning (Austria)
- Died: Mar. 15th, 1975 in Steyr (Austria)
- on Jan 9th, 1932 in Enns (Austria) with Rosina HIESBÖCK
- Hedwig MITTERHUBER born Sept. 12th, 1924 (as an unmarried child) in Enns, died June 1999, marries Felix EBNER born Nov. 14th, 1919, died in Nov. 1964 in a serious traffic accident between Ennsdorf and Windpassing. 2 daughters: Karin (married HIPPACHER) and Dagmar EBNER.
- Ernestine VORDERWINKLER born Oct. 10th, 1931 in Enns (Austria)
(Author's note: my maternal grandfather)
He attended school in Neuzeug and completed his apprenticeship as a blacksmith and punch fitter at the Letten plant.
After the Letten plant closed in 1920, he joined the military (cavalry) and was stationed in Enns, where he fathered an unmarried child named Hedwig (Mitterhuber).
It was during this time that he met his future wife, Rosina HIESBÖCK. The couple didn't marry until after the birth of their daughter Ernestine. After their marriage, they moved to Hinterstoder where he worked as a letter carrier at the post office. It was also during this time that he formed a friendship with the Rosenegger family.
In 1940, he went to the Second World War and became a sergeant in the Russian campaign. He later became a prisoner of war in Tabor but was able to return home in 1945 due to a lung disease. He walked to the demarcation line in Enns where he stayed with his parents-in-law before returning home to his wife and child.
He moved back to Steyr and worked as a postal clerk at the main post office on Stadtplatz. He lived with his family first in Preuenhueberstraße, and later until his death in Stepp-Stöger-Straße 9. He passed away in Steyr hospital due to cardiac insufficiency caused by the flare-up of lung disease. At the time of his death, he also had early-stage lung cancer.